Toasted hazelnut, milk chocolate, caramel
Flavio Paulino de Costa is the 5th generation of his family to be involved in coffee production and a superb agronomist. We met him through his work with other farms but were very excited to be able get coffee from his farm Nova Aliança, located in the well renowned coffee growing region of Minas Gerais, Brazil.
With an understanding of long-term sustainability, Flavio Paulino de Costa has carefully organised the farm with planted native trees and fruit trees to promote biodiversity, as well as, producing fertilisers from the farm waste. This attention to detail carries through in the care of their plants, with careful measuring of many variables to assess plant health used to guide pruning, planting and harvesting.
- Region: Monte Santo de Minas, Minas Gerais
- Producer: Flavio & Juliana Paulino de Costa
- Variety: Mundo Novo, Yellow Catuai, Yellow Catucai
- Process: Natural
- Altitude: 1,000 – 1,100 masl
- Harvest: June – July 2023