Apricot, Cherry, Bergamot
In 1958, Jorge Vides, founded Finca La Bolsa (home to La Guitarra and El Buho), a coffee plantation located in La Libertad, Huehuetenango.
Jorge Vides brought the land, which was then covered in forest, and proceeded to cultivate Bourbon and Caturra varietals. Now a third generation of producers, with his grandson Renado Ovalle now overseeing production. Vides is still a company passionate about innovation, precision, and quality.
The plantations owned by Vides have a sustainability model based on these three pillars:
- Social aspect: Working alongside neighbourhood communities to support the development of this region. Jorge had a humanitarian sense extended beyond coffee production. In 1980, Jorge founded a school that still runs on the farm.
- Agricultural: agronomists teach good agronomic practices, with sustainable and environmentally friend priorities based on the Rainforest Alliance standards.
Environmental: With a goal to focus on conservation of ecosystems by protecting wildlife, the efficient use of water and avoiding deforestation.
- FARM / MILL: El Buho
- REGION: La Libertad, Huehuetenango
- VARIETY: Bourbon, Caturra, Catuaí
- PROCESS: Washed
- ALTITUDE: 1600 masl
- HARVEST DATE: January – April 2021