Popayan Reserve is produced by 80 growers selected for their consistency and cup profile of their coffees. Coffees from this program are paid based on quality, often reaching premiums of 20% above the market price.
- HARVEST DATE: October - December 2020
- ALTITUDE: 1500 - 2070masl
- REGION: Popayan, Cauca
- PRODUCER: 80 regional producers
- VARIETY: Castillo, Colombia
- PROCESS METHOD: Washed, Sugar Cane Decaffeination
Popayan Reserve has been decaffeinated using the natural ‘Sugar Cane process’. This involves the coffee being immersed in water with a natural organic compound that is found in sugar cane which extracts caffeine from green coffee. The whole decaffeination is processed at the Descafecol plant in Manizales, Colombia, ensuring the coffee doesn’t need to travel further than necessary.